You can make an appointment to be vaccinated (COVID-19) if you are a healthcare worker at high or medium risk. Please make an appointment before going to the location. Please only make an appointment for one session.
You must bring one of the 4 sets of the documentation listed below to your appointment to be vaccinated.
– Health Care Worker employee badge with photo
– Professional license AND a photo ID
– Signed letter from employer on facility letterhead AND a photo ID
– Payment stub from healthcare provider with your name AND a photo ID
PLEASE NOTE: No walk-ins will be accepted at the vaccination site. On-site registration is not available. You must register for an appointment before coming to the site via Patient Portal or by calling 844.444.1424
Do I have to go back to Tri-State Community Healthcare Center for my second dose?
Yes. In fact, we need you to return to the same mobile clinic location that you received your first dose at. This is for a couple of reasons:
- COVID-19 vaccines are not interchangeable with each other or with other COVID-19 vaccine products. By returning to our mobile clinic, we can ensure that you are receiving the correct vaccine at the proper time.
- Availability is key. We have already allocated a dose for you that will be sent to the same mobile clinic you received your first dose at.